Thursday, March 16, 2006

Back in business


SPPs from both ends of the political comic strip spectrum:
Boondocks by McGruder's workshop
Prickly City by Scott Stantis
Candorville by Darrin Bell

Prickly City will always be known as the conservative comic strip that is not Mallard Fillmore. Up until a couple of years ago, I had only spotted Mallard Fillmore occasionally while traveling. It was the province of backwater regional papers or crappy secondary papers like the Washington Times. Then the L.A. Times, I guess trying to balance out the politics on the comics page, picked it up. Now I waste time on it everyday. The thing about it is it's not even a comic strip. It's just a rectangle with a few sentences of random conservative cliches with a picture of a duck in the corner. At least Prickly City tries to be a comic strip first.

Oh, and 9 Chickweed Lane gets special notice today. Not just one panel of silent reaction, but two.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey interesting observation about the silent penultimate panel.
I found you from a link at Josh's Comics Curmudgeon page (joshreads.com).
I bet most people don't know what penultimate means.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, man! I just saved it in my faves. It's refreshing to see a comics blog that isn't totally obsessed with making money and is more about the love of comics.

4:18 AM  
Blogger David Terrenoire said...

The Curmudgeon shoved me your way and I'm glad he did. Very very nice blog. Congratulations.

While I flail all over the place trying to find a disciplined approach to this weird medium, you sir, have honed in on something quite wonderful.

I'll talk it up elsewhere.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home