Monday, June 26, 2006

It's a barkeater


That's it, it's a record-tying day at the watch:

Cow and Boy by Mark Leiknes
Monty by Jim Meddick
Overboard by Chip Dunham

That's right, that's five dailies in a row for Overboard, Dunham has completed a barkeater. If he continues tomorrow, he will be setting the record for consecutive silent penultimate panels.

Or maybe not...

Because it's not quite a classic silent penultimate panel. Am I ignoring my own rules and being unfair just for the sake of my own blog?

And, because of the different and longer format, we count Sundays and dailies, separately. But Overboard continualy uses a four-panel Sunday, (a sin in its own right.) So should yesterday's SPP-free strip count as breaking the streak?

Well, I say it counts. Today's penultimate panel isn't necessary and it creates an awkward rhythm. And Sundays just don't count. We need to be consistant here. After all, this is serious work I'm doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Guerrero said...

Let me just comment on an SPP from today, which is Tuesday, since it's one of the best I've seen in the months you've been running this watch.

Get Fuzzy

First of all, the panel itself is brilliance, that is the blankest mug I've ever seen on ol' Satchel.
And I love the never ending hell that is Rob's life: he starts the strip with his head already in his hands, and as we see with Bucky's punchline, his day's not going to get any better. Or any day after it.

Thank you, Darby, for not just swiping Pearls Before Swine's strips this week.

PS, Matt. You cheated like crazy on that Barkeater.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home