Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Metapost: I'm so proud of myself



As pointed out in the comments, today's (April 3) Retail contains an apparent shout-out to me. I'm so proud to see the term I made up used and used correctly in a syndicated newspaper comic strip. I think I can finally say this: I've contributed to the lexicon! That's been my goal all along, to add a phrase to the terminology of comics. Thank you, Norm Feuti

Also, I would like to ask a huge favor. I'm not sure in what papers Retail is printed--most likely the Seattle Post Intelligencer and maybe a few other papers in the country--but if you have a copy of one, I would love to get my hands on it. If you can help, email me at penultimatepanel@gmail.com. Thanks again, everyone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Herlihy said...

It is not listed in my local paper in NH, but I must congratulate you on this stunning achievement!!

Mike

3:50 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

This shows that with one person
can make a difference. I think
comic strips are making a come back.
The quality of a lot o strips are
definitely improving. Your blogs has
made many cartoonist take notice, and has made them do better work.

9:15 PM  
Blogger narthan said...

silent double in one of my new favorite webcomics:

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/justinpie/wonderella/series.php?view=archive&chapter=12542

I'm so glad this blog has made me totally unable to read a comic with an spp (even one that works) and just let it slide.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangely, in the Dilbert for April 10, the Penultimate Panel is the only one that isn't silent. I think that merits some sort of comment.

6:40 AM  
Blogger 4aks said...

awesome!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home