Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bo Nanas



Per the usual, this Sunday is a big day for silent penultimate panels:

9 Chickweed Lane by Brooke McEldowney
Doonesbury by Garry Trudeau
Momma by Mel Lazarus
Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis
Opus by Berkeley Breathed
Sherman's Lagoon by Jim Toomey

Take a look at today's Bo Nanas and its effective penultimate panel. It manages to fit dialog and a comic pause together. It creates just enough pause to set up the joke, but doesn't use an entire panel of silent dullness. Good use of space, Mr. Kovaleski.



I had a busy Friday and Saturday and got behind on my internet reading, and, damn, if I didn't miss some great Mark Trail moments. The Trail is always at his best when there is a bear involved--and when you add a jealous woman in lingerie, well... this is going to be awesome.

I guarantee Mark will be saving this girl from a crazed, injured bear very soon. (And in serial comics time, very soon means sometime around November.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rarely read it because it is never with the regular comics but Opus had an SPP on Sunday. At first I thought it was ok and added a bit to the humor but then I realized it was just your typical "*DOINK!*, the character realizes something" SPP. It wasn't terrible but it isn't needed.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home