Thursday, June 15, 2006

Four today



Four silent penultimate panels today. And we have a lot of the usual culprits:

Heart of the City by Mark Tatulli
Overboard by Chip Dunham
Pooch Cafe by Paul Gilligan
Sally Forth by Francesco Marciuliano and Craig Macintosh

Ferrick pointed out that I missed yesterday's Doonesbury. For those of you scoring at home, adjust your card accordingly.



As far as Americans go, I'm a fairly big soccer fan. I had planned on getting cable and Tivo specificity for the World Cup, but then I remembered I had Univision and a VCR. Aside from the fact that I don't speak Spanish, it's worked out just fine. But trying to avoid the day's results while still scouring the internet for silent penultimate panels can be difficult--especially when the Washington Post has both a great comics selection and thorough World Cup coverage. I mean, I could have guessed that England beat Trinidad and Tobago, but I wish my need to download today's Sally Forth didn't have to spoil the score for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a fellow soccer fan, I understand your pain. I was lucky enough to stay in the dark yesterday with the England match so I could watch it last night. But it is tough when you realize how many of your regularly visited sites might give away a result.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Matt Gill said...

The 2-0 result wasn't surprising, but the fact that it took England 80 minutes to score certainly was. I kept myself unspoiled for today's Mexico-Angola match, and, in the case, I wish I had known not to waste my time.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home