Friday, March 17, 2006

Boondocks continues its run













Today's silent penultimate panels are:
Boondocks credited to Aaron McGruder
and Baby Blues by Jerry Scott and Rick Kirkman

King Features publishes their comics on-line with a month time lapse, so I can't provide you with pictorial evidence of strips like Baby Blues and Zits. I respect their decision, no matter how silly it may be. They claim online publishing hurts newspaper sales. I'm not arguing with real numbers, I know, but I know that most dedicated comic strip fans are also dedicated newspaper readers--the few people who won't give up their daily subscriptions no matter how good these internets get. I browse online comics for the strips I don't get in my newspaper. My reading Mark Trail online does not hurt the LA Times.

Time to go to work.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate Fall said...

I love your blog! You can get the daily comics from the Houston Chronicle website. They have just about everything.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is utterly fantastic. Well done, sir.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Pixel said...

Until I found the Comics Curmudgeon, and now SPPW, I thought I was the only person who even reads the comics.

*Raises glass*

Cheers!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Dan Piette said...

You can get today's comics at the Houston Chronicle:



(HouChron).

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home