Thursday, June 08, 2006

Holsing wins lotto!


Just one silent penultimate panel today, and I think I might be pushing it on this one:

Heart of the City by Mark Tatulli

So far, I've enjoyed the new strip Lio. So, I've started to read Tatulli's first strip, Heart of the City. I haven't followed it long enough to get a good sense of it, but I don't understand how a cartoonist could possibly do two simultaneous strips. It must be either with assistants or without sleep--or both.

So Rex Morgan is shocked to learn there is a homicide ...at the Walcot Hotel.


But he totally ignores the fact that Holsing won the lotto.


Sure, Sarah has Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, and the man you pointed a gun at a month ago might be dead, but... Holsing won the Lotto! Stop and smell the roses, Rex

I simply can't sleep tonight--I just gotta know which one of these fine characters is dead.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not Rex, it's Dr. Troy Gaynor.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Matt Gill said...

Ah,jeez. Who can keep all those square jaws straight? I first wrote Abbey instead of Sarah confusing here with Judge Parker's--or is it Sam Driver?--niece or daughter, or whatever.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Matthew Guerrero said...

I didn't know stuff actually happened in Rex Morgan, MD.
I always thought those Mary Worth/Rex Morgan soap holdovers were empty Lichtenstein fodder with randomized word bubbles recycled for the past forty years.
But today's strip beats Desperate Housewives any day of the week, and I like that butch chick, man: she's the kinda trouble you want.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Brubaker said...

Actually, "Heart of the City" is Tatulli's second strip. His first one was "Bent Halos", which I think only ran for a year or so.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home