Monday, December 11, 2006

Shut out?

Surely this can't be happening. I have not found a silent penultimate panel anywhere. Admittedly, it is late, I am tired, and I just got back from my wife's work's Christmas party (with plenty of free-flowing holiday cheer. There's nothing like being the spouse at one of these things--I won't be seeing these people again for a whole 'nother year. Sign me up for karaoke!)) so the watch may not be as astute as normal. But, wow, there's nothing. Nothing in Garfield, nothing in Overboard, nothing in The Born Loser. I am at a loss.

On these rare occasions, I like to re-type a joke from the L.A. Times kids page. So, here it is, from Sammy in Santa Monica: What goes "oom, oom, oom"? A cow walking backward.

Ha!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get up early to read your December 12th comics, Barkeater Lake has a gift for you...

11:33 PM  
Blogger meep said...

Aw, wendell beat me to it.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

What about Sherman's Lagoon?

11:44 PM  
Blogger Mike Podgor said...

I thought you posted Spanish Ziggy?

12:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw one yesterday, but it was in Partially Clips, which is a web comic. It is a bit notable, however, in that this this webcomic (which uses the same piece of clip art for all three panels) typically milks each of those panels for as much dialogue as possible. A silent panel is rare, let alone a blatant SPP.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Pandolph has decided to go out swinging. Alas, this doesn't really feel like it's intended in good humor. Talk about your temperamental artists.

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, you really hurt his feelings. How dare someone criticize his work. Kids, this is a lesson for you all. Don't put up with criticism, just quit.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Fake Rockstar said...

It was a joke, kids. Nothing more. And I never said I was quitting. I'm just leaving comics.com.

Plenty of me left to criticize.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then I take back what I said about you being a quitter.

I actually don't read Comics.com so I am probably biased in that I only hear about Barkeater through this blog.

I'm curious why you would leave Comics.com. Will it only be published on your site or are you in newspapers? I don't think you are in any in the SF Bay Area.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Matt Gill said...

I replaced Spanish Ziggy with kid's joke a while ago. I'm not sure why. One day I was about to post Spanish Ziggy, and I just wasn't feeling it. I dont' know, maybe it is funnier. It's hard to tell sometimes.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home