Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Clap on


That will be four today:

Bo-Nanas by Mark Leiknes John Kovaleski (Oops. I think it's the K's that screw with my brain.)
Fisher by Philip Street (special thanks to Ugliness Man for obtaining a scan of this Toronto-only strip)
Broom Hilda by Russel Meyers
Red & Rover by Brian Basset


After reading today's Sally Forth, I was going to complain here about the over-use of pop-culture quotes--how they're played out and cliched and how we should have stopped considering these things funny sometime back in 1996 or so. But then I remembered that I made my own random Star Trek reference right here in yesterday's post. I would have to nitpick and come up with some elaborate explanation of how this Sally Forth Back to the Future quote is trite and useless while my Trek-talk was in actuality a really clever metaphor. But it's not right. I apologize for making a random pop-culture reference. Pop-culture references are played out.

2 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

Not to nitpick, but Bo Nanas is actually by John Kovaleski. You once said you didn't even need to look up his name to spell it correctly, but maybe that strategy isn't working so well anymore...

9:18 AM  
Blogger Matt Gill said...

Ah, hell. I did it again. It's obvious from this blog's existence that I have an obsessive attention to detail, but my powers fail me at the worst times. Thanks for catching my mistake.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home