Saturday, May 20, 2006

Big Five


...and then there are days like this. Five silent penultimate panels.

kits by Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman
Candorville by Darrin Bell
Monty by Jim Meddick
Spot the Frog by Mark Heath (Thanks, Susan)
On the Fast Track by Bill Holbrook (Thanks, Ugli)

Spot the Frog is unique today. I'm not too familiar with Spot the Frog, but Mark Heath links to me on his blog, so I'm sure he has good taste.


Today's Peanuts reprint also features an SPP. Now that the Complete Peanuts series has caught up with the syndicated reprints, I know when Schulz's SPPs will appear--and there will be quite a few in the next two years.

At the next rules committee meeting we'll discuss if reprints should qualify for the watch. I'm leaning towards "no." It's not like we can hold a dead guy accountable for using a cliche over fifty years ago before it became a cliche. But it may just be my own personal feelings towards Peanuts that makes me want to exclude it. We'll see.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that Peanuts should count as a SPP anyway. There's action going on in that panel, Linus losing Snoopy. If you took it out, the comic wouldn't work.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Matthew Guerrero said...

I say reruns count. If it appears in the LA Times (our local) that day, it counts. Dig?

3:23 AM  
Blogger Brubaker said...

Mark Heath, creator of SPOT THE FROG, makes a post about this site

http://spotthefrogblog.typepad.com/frogblog/

apparently, he did that on purpose.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home