Monday, July 31, 2006

The silent Mallard Fillmore game



Four classic silent penultimate panels today:

Doonesbury by Garry Trudeau
Monty by Jim Meddick
Non Sequitur by Jim Meddick
Sherman's Lagoon by Jim Toomey

And just what is a classic SPP? Here's Jim Toomey to demonstrate:



Here's a fun game to play:
1. Take all the words out of Mallard Fillmore:

2. Guess what the hell he's complaining about this time.

I'll give you a few moments; the answer will appear Marilyn Vos Savant style at the bottom of the article.

Could it be child obesity and the FDA again? Maybe vegetarians? Bill Clinton? Those are all good guesses, but all wrong.

Answer:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant -- I love the Mallard Fillmore game. The image is hillarious.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So my first guess, "huge wieners" was completely off-base.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For beginners, to ease the difficulty of the Mallard game, one might try simply guessing which topics were not causing that sour look on the duck's face.

The range of potential answers to that one is much, much smaller.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a guess: Hot steaming penises? That are bigger than his?
Mallard's brand of sustained, irrational rage must be fueled by some kind of repressed sexuality

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the ambiguous, fulminating hot dog of doom!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It smells/looks like teen spirit. Err, I mean divine retribution.

Beware the ambiguous, fulminating hot dog of doom!!

(same anonymous guy).

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually thought the Sherman's Lagoon was quite funny. But that's mostly because I'm an ass - my wife asked me weeks ago to hire a maid. But for whatever reason she just keeps cleaning, and I still haven't called...

-Jason B

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home