Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fallow


It's Sunday, this is supposed to be the must fruitful of the week. And, alas, we have just one. My orchard is turning fallow.

The Born Loser by Art and Chip Sansom

We do have two more silent antepenultimate panels in Get Fuzzy and Cathy



And in my haste Saturday, I missed Barkeater Lake's third SPP in a row.

Pandolph may be in re-prints right now, but if I can hold a dead man accountable for strips from fifty years ago, I definitely can call out a young wipper-snapper's strips from eight months ago. It's a cruel business I'm in.

Do orchard's fallow? I need to be careful metaphorizing on subjects I have no clue about.

1 Comments:

Blogger uglinessman said...

orchard (n)
1. a garden or an area of land to the cultivation of fruit or nut trees
2. the trees themselves cultivated in such an area

fallowed (adj)
Of land, ploughed but left unseeded.

I'm not an expert in metaphores or agriculture, but I'd say you're on solid ground, so to speak.

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home