Thursday, March 30, 2006

Blondie, Meaning of Lila



Three today:
The Meaning of Lila by John Forgetta & L.A. Rose (official debut)
Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller
Blondie by "Dean Young" (debut!)

Lila has flirted with the watch before. We've seen silent second panels, silent-but-essential panels, and every other way to get mentioned, but now we have Lila's first true appearance. And here's my observation for the day: Lila and her friend have the exact same face and figure, only their hair is different.

Blondie is my favorite of the staff-written, still-there-by-inertia, classic comic strips. Unlike most, it manages to remain fairly relevant each day. Sort of.

I'll be traveling the next couple of days and visiting the Charles Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, CA. I'll do my best to update while I'm away, but we'll see how the internet situation in "Norcal." It's possible that the next full post won't be until Sunday evening. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home