Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Shut out

It's rare, but it happens--a day with no silent penultimate panels.

Zits comes close with a "galoomp," but this panel has action, not a silent re-action.



Reader Uglinessman points out this one from Tuesday:

Betty by Delainey and Rasmussen


Thanks, Uglinessman. That is not only a silent penultimate panel, it is a stunningly unfunny joke. Maybe I'm coming to this out of context, and this is actually a very touching moment (maybe he's secretly making this mural for his retarded brother or something,) but, wow, is that not funny.

But, in the end, there are no SPPs in the L.A. Times today. So, as I did the last time this happened, I bring you Ziggy en Espanol. If you have noticed a silent penultimate panel out there today, please let me know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betty is among the comics I usually follow on a regular basis, so I feel qualified to tell you that in the current story arc, there is no "context" that will make that strip any funnier. You're not missing anything.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home