Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Pearls Before Swine

Three silent penultimate panels today from the L.A. Times and around the internet.

Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller
Betty by Delainey and Rasmussen
Piranha Club by Bud Grace

Ugliness Man, my Betty informant, insists that Betty is normally pretty good. And looking over some of the past strips, I agree that it is not horrible. But today, we have another aggressively lame joke. It's lameness just lashes out at you.

Elvis/Carol King? Really, a gag confusing Eminem with M'n'Ms would actually be funnier--and only half a decade out of date rather than three.

And did I see today's Pearls Before Swine? Heck yes, I did. I don't know if Stephan Pastis reads my blog, but I don't mind pretending that I had something to do with this:


I'm so proud.

Also, Piranha Club, making its debut here, is one of my favorites. It's terribly under appreciated and I don't know why it doesn't get more attention. Yesterday's was particularly funny, making an old joke new again.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pay no attention to the gratuitous third panel"

Brilliant!

The word is spreading, my friend.

4:10 AM  
Blogger adi said...

in his 'sgt piggy;s' book, pastis claims that peanuts was one of his biggest influences, and he does use the silent 3rd panel a lot, sometimes a silent last panel too.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home