Friday, April 21, 2006

Sherman's Lagoon


We've got a good sized lot of silent penultimate panels today:

Barkeater Lake by Corey Pandolph
Doonesbury by Garry Trudeau
Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller
Sherman's Lagoon by Jim Toomey

I'm still getting familiar with Barkeater Lake, still learning who all these folks are. I'm not sure about this dog:

He's ready to take that guy's head off. Do not piss him off.

Sherman's Lagoon is fairly popular. For me, I've never liked cartoon fish. I've always thought an underwater setting is too awkward to work well. It brings up too many issues--like how does a laptop work underwater, and how does one grasp things with only fins. I just look at cartoon fish and feel uncomfortable. Obviously, considering the popularity of things like Sherman's Lagoon, and Finding Nemo, this is a personal issue on my part. But give me an airplane-flying dog pushed to his last nerve over a goofy-yet-lovable shark any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home