Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Controversy


Just one silent penultimate panel today that I can count without controversy.

On the Fast Track by Bill Holbrook

Who knew that I could be so wrong about what's funny? Evidently, I was entirely off the mark here when I said that yesterday's Pearls Before Swine was funny.

Here it is again:

Okay, so maybe the SPP is as useless as I've been saying they are all along.

and today's variation on the theme is wittier:


But I thought yesterday's was funny, and in my book funny always trumps. Funny trumps draftsmanship, funny trumps theory, funny trumps politics. I'm not always proud of what makes me laugh (just watch me crack up when I see a commercial for that movie "Little Man.") But I can't deny that--despite the fact it may go against all that I've written here--that comic strip made me laugh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't fault you for laughing. I love the unexpected laugh.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Matthew Guerrero said...

Gill, you're dead on about Pearls. It was great, but it should have been 'Say one regular coffee or I punch you in the face'. Better comedy rhythm there.

(You don't really laugh at Little Man...right?)

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read this strip before, the customer service ethic crossed with yuppie buffoonery is funny

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home