Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Statement of purpose


Three today:
Piranha Club by Bud Grace
Brewster Rockit: Space Guy! by Tim Rickard
Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller

Lest you think I'm just fetishizing dislike, let me restate some things. On a case by case basis, some silent penultimate panels work, some (most) do not. However, whenever any technique is used too often, and with little skill, it becomes a cliche. Is the silent penultimate panel a cliche? Well, the evidence I have gathered here seems to suggest so. And that is all I mean to do here--track the SPP appearances. That's it. And maybe make a few wise-acre remarks along the way. (Or maybe I just really, really love disliking things.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Austin said...

Sherman's Lagoon was another SPP yesterday (8/1).

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/shermans.asp?date=20060801

5:45 AM  
Blogger Matthew Guerrero said...

Matt, That was a very polite response to an uneccesarily rude comment.

So I'll do the rudeness for you: Up yours, anonymous. 100 visitors a day can't be wrong.

Oh, and: Statement of Purpose? Hey, as long as you're playing Charles Foster Kane, do I get to play Jed Leland?

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home