Monday, September 18, 2006

Feeling sentimental



Four silent penultimate panels this Monday--a few from some of the dimmer objects in the comic strip firmament.

Andy Capp by Roger Kettle and Roger Mahoney
Garfield by those who call themselves Jim Davis
Sally Forth by Francesco Marciuliano and Craig Macintosh
Sherman's Lagoon by Jim Toomey

I've mentioned this before, but one of my favorite running themes in the comics is Joe's dad's love for Klondike Ike. It's not that it's particularly gut-busting funny, but it is just really pleasant. It's nice to see a dedicated comic strip reader in the comics.

And I like today's because, well, we all have our favorite comic strips that we swear is the funniest thing in ink, but we also all really know that most strips, even from our favorites, can be kind of lame. No one can be a genius each and every day. (I think I might even have been guilty of a few less-than-stellar daily posts.) It's all part of the strange wonder of the daily comics.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Klondike Ike stuff, too. The only problem I have is that the last few years, every time it gets introduced, the storyline starts over from scratch. At one point, Frank was in regular communication with the cartoonistand they were big pals. We know this isn't a rerun, because Joe is sporting his new look (which I hope he loses soon). Jumpstart has good continuity otherwise and time passes (albeit slowly). It bugs me.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home