Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Frazz


No, my work is not done yet. Four more silent penultimate panels for this Wednesday.

Animal Crackers by Fred Wagner
Monty by Jim Medick
Pooch Cafe by Paul Gilligan
Non Sequitur by Wiley Miller

I hate to admit it, but Frazz has me stumped:


Now, Frazz's ostensibly refined tastes includes things like the Eagles and airport paperback master Carl Hiaasen, so this quiet janitor could be from anywhere. "Great Literary Janitors" isn't a very common Jeopardy category, so there can't be very many to choose from, and when Caulfield's costume is revealed tomorrow or Friday, I'll probably be smacking myself.

You've out-smarted me for now, Jef Mallett; enjoy it while you can.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike Podgor said...

Well, Caulfield is being a mute janitor. Or, at least, a mute with a mop. It's probably from an American novel from the early half of the twentieth century. I, too, am stumped but hopefully someone will be able to out-smart Frazz before the big reveal.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Mike Podgor said...

By the way, "BC" has a silent penultimate panel for Thursday.

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: the curmudgeonites figured it out: it's the Chief from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home